Question Home

Position:Home>Visual Arts> What kind of filter for my lens do I need?

Question: What kind of filter for my lens do I need!?
I'm looking for a filter for my canon IS 18-55mm lens, so what kind of filter would be compatible with that!?
Probably a dumb question, but I don't want to accidentally buy something that doesn't work with what I have!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker:
Any 58mm filter should fit the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3!.5-5!.6 IS SLR Lens!.

!.!.!.or Cokin P series size filters :))

why the thumb down!?!?!?

She asked for the size and I already answered: 58 mm filters!.!.!.!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

You asked what kind of filter, not what size!. The filter size will either be marked on your lens or you'll find the filter size in the information that came with your lens!. What kind of filter depends on what you want the filter to do!. You'll find a selection of different types of camera filters and what they are used for here - http://www!.camerafilters!.com/Www@QuestionHome@Com

Jens is correct, Canon 18-55mm is 58mm in diameter!.
So you could get any filter as long as it is 58mm!.
Hopefully you are getting yourself a UV filter to keep on the lens all the time!.Www@QuestionHome@Com