Question Home

Position:Home>Genealogy> Need help finding a Charles Stewart from Kansas City MO who may or may not be de

Question: Need help finding a Charles Stewart from Kansas City MO who may or may not be deceased!. HELP!!?
My mom never had a chance to meet her father!. All we were told is his name and that there was a rumor he drowned in the coast guard!. As far as we were told he didn't even know my mom existed!. He was from Kansas City MO and would probably be in his sixties now if he is still living!. His name may be spelled a little differently!. Please help!Www@QuestionHome@Com

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker:
I tried to help you out by looking him up on the FREE public records website called PeopleData!.com, but there is more than 1 listing and without an approximate birthdate or know of any possible middle initials, you are just going to have to check it out yourself!.

If, in fact, your grandfather was in the military, your mother may be able to contact NARA and see if they can provide you with any of his military records!.

You might also try registering for the free 14-day trial of Ancestry!.com and see if you can find anything or perhaps, even try the Social Security Death Index!. What about other family members!? Sometimes, they can provide you with usable information, too!

Good Luck!.!.!.let me know what happens! =DWww@QuestionHome@Com

You can check the Social Security data base on the net for deceased people!.Or check the census records for the year your Mom was born or the nearest one after that date!.You can also check the last one to see if he's still in that city!.You can also go through the military to see if he did die that way!.Www@QuestionHome@Com


Key him into the Social Security Death index to see if he is deceased, first!.

Then go to the County Clerk Recorder of that Kansas County's website and see how to access their records!. http://www!.epodunk!.com/cgi-bin/genInfo!.p!.!.!.

You might want to get online at that county's tax assessor and look him up!.!.!.you may find a family member who still owns property there!. Those are public records!. http://www!.wycokck!.org/dept!.aspx!?id=6764!.!.!.

If you are willing to pay a little money ($20!?) you can use NetDetective!.com (or close to that name)!. I have used it and it is extremely comprehensive and gives a good deal of data related to address, phone and property ownership!.Www@QuestionHome@Com