Question Home

Position:Home>Genealogy> Can you legally change your name and birthdate?

Question: Can you legally change your name and birthdate!?
i want to change my first name have no middle name and change my last name to something different!. also i want to change the month, day, and year of my birth!. i know i have to wait until i'm 18 but i want to know if you even can do that!. i don't know if it makes a difference but i'm in illinois!. so thanks for the help!. i appreciate it!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker:
You can change your name but your date of birth was determined when you made your grand entrance into the world!. If you are in the U!.S!., each state has its own laws about things that!. Call your courthouse and they can probably direct you to the right person!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

That is called "forgery", dear, and it is illegal!. You can change your name; in my county it costs $320 and you have to be an adult, or your parent has to do it for you!. Your birth date can be corrected, if, for instance, the doctor remembers you popped out at 11:59 p!.m!. on the 2nd instead of 12:01 a!.m!. on the 3rd, but it can't be changed to make you older or younger!.

Isabell "You can only do it if someone is out to kill you" is wrong!. Young children left fatherless through death, divorce, or desertion have their names changed all the time!. It happens when (if) their mothers marry men who adopt them!. The man will sometimes give the children his name as well as his time, effort and money!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

It is not an option to change when/where you were born!. You can change your name, when you are 18, to anything you want as long as it isn't committing fraud!.
Changing your date of birth would be a mild form of fraud!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

yea you can but you have to be 18 and older!.The only other time you can change it if someone is out to kill you!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

You can change your name but you have to go through court and there has to be a good reason for changing it!. You can't change your birthday!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

You cannot change your birthdate legally!. As for the rest, just make sure you have a good reason before throwing away everything else!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

You cannot change your Birthdate!. Because the gov!.t uses your age to determine many things!. but you can change your name if you wantWww@QuestionHome@Com

You can change your name!. You can't change your birth date!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

You may change your name just by renaming yourself!. but it is wise to do it officiallyWww@QuestionHome@Com