Question Home

Position:Home>Genealogy> How can i change my daughter last name leigal? she has my last name?

Question: How can i change my daughter last name leigal!? she has my last name!?
me and her dad are together and he would like her to have his last nameWww@QuestionHome@Com

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker:
The Social Security office has nothing to do with this matter!. You have to file a petition to amend the birth certificate at the office of the County Clerk in the county where she was born!. They'll order the birth certificate to be amended both on the county's copy and the state's copy!. THEN you take a copy to Social Security with the new name on it and they'll change the name on her records in their files!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

Is Leigal your last name!?

or did you mean legal !?

In any case!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.you need to merely fill out the correct forms, no doubt pay someone some money!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.get some bureaucratic stamps on your papers, after they make you run around a bit, and then!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.that's it !.

That's usually how these things go!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

Go to the social security office and ask for the papers to legally change a name!. It will cost some money, but thats how its done!.Www@QuestionHome@Com